Sunday 7 April 2013

Looking at things from a different perspective

Hi everyone
recently we have been studying about the Easter story but looking at it through a different perspective.
We spent quite some time reading the different Gospels and watching Skit Guys clips to identify all the different characters involved in the Easter story. The students chose one of the characters and wrote the story from their characters perspective.
The students produced some fine pieces of writing. This particular story was written by Yerine


Mary

‘Crucify him! crucify him!” the crowd hollered.
“Yeah crucify him!”. the priest said
I was one of the crowd, but I didn’t want know what to do. I was puzzled. I didn’t want to crucify someone, but i also didn’t want to be the only one who was standing still.
But a minute later I realized that i was not the only one who was standing still. I saw a woman standing still looking at the man who was going to get killed. Her eyes were filled with tears. then tears rolled down her cheeks. i thought, ‘who is that woman?’. she must be someone who is close to the man.

“I have no choice, I will lead this fairly, by democracy. Since the crowd wants to crucify Jesus ......”

What? oh now I get it! the man is Jesus, and the woman crying is Jesus’s mother Mary!
I thought, now I get the whole thing. I mumbled under my breath. “Oh... Jesus...my baby...”

Mary looked so depressed and sad. Even though I don’t have a child, I had a feeling how Mary would feel now.

‘According to democracy, everyone voted for Jesus. So I will follow the crowd.”

I looked at Mary, she was still crying. Pilate let go of Barrabus, the bad guy, and then said, “Soldiers!”
Just then a group of soldiers marched toward Jesus. Then they started to nail Jesus on the cross.
“AHH!!” Jesus groaned. Blood came out. It was violent. I tried to cover my eyes but my hands did not move because my whole body froze. It was monstrous! shocking!
I looked at Mary, of course she froze too. I mean how would she feel if her one and only son is getting nailed to the cross? In front of her?
You know readers, this was not the end.
They pierced Jesus ribs with their spiky spears. More blood came out. It was horrible, yucky awful!!
when I looked at Mary, she was already on the floor crying with all her might. Even though I did not vote, I felt guilty. I don’t know why but i felt guilty. Is it because I am one of the crowd and i felt like I had voted? Umm I don’t know.
I wonder how Mary will get over this agony?

“Ahh!!” Jesus kept screaming. I could feel that scream was full of pain. Then for the last time the soldiers pierced spiky thorns through his head.
“Yeah” the crowd cheered.
As time went by Jesus became weaker and weaker.
At last Jesus died.
I cried. Not as much as Mary, but I wept and wept.
John, one of the apostles took Mary back home.
I thought, “Mary will take time to recover..”

The next morning it was time time for Jesus to be buried. Mary was the first person to come see Jesus in the tomb. Just one second before Jesus got put in the tomb, Mary held Jesus hands and mumbled.

‘Take care.. take care..”

1 comment:

  1. Great story and a good idea to think how other people feel in a situation.

    ReplyDelete